Ah, the whimsical musings of my delighted (at the moment) mind. A short annoyance with gravol and it's chemical lullaby but I daresay I'm over that hump now.
What a truly amazing world we live in. If people devoted the energy they use to cause suffering imagine how much suffering they could eradicate as well? Double edged sword that is as swift as it is sharp. I suppose there must be suffering in order to have joy. The ultra oxymoron. My joyful suffering. At the very least, it's a good short story title. (Here's the part where we all have a good guffaw and smoke from our pipes like old Men in the Fifties)
One of my vices (I have few, I could count them on one hand) is old boob tube hilarity. I have been somewhat smitten with Quantum Leap and the whole premise of time vacations that this shows offers. What would I do? That's the question of the ages isn't it? A sardonic question to me yet I still ponder it. I have zero interest in the future and what it holds. That should be kept locked in a vault and dumped in the deepest part of the ocean to degrade and eventually disappear. The past however with it's sultry temptation of righting past wrongs and all the ultimately self serving things we would do while in time's sweet, intoxicating embrace. Time, my how it flies.

No comments:
Post a Comment